Rajasthan in Census 2011 : Some Important Facts
The figures and stats of Census 2011 have been released and as per it the country’s population now stands at 121 crores. This was 15th census report of the country and the final report will be released in 2012. The work on it had begun in February 2009 and around 2.7 million persons were engaged in it in the whole country. The figures carry mixed news for Rajasthan. There are some good points and there are some bad. Let’s have a look at the important facts pertaining toRajasthan in census 2011.
1. The population of Rajasthan now stands at 6.86 crore (precisely 6,86,21,012). It was 5.65 crore in 2001.
2. The no. of males in state are 3,56,20,086 while the no. of females are 3,30,00,926.
3. The population has increased by 1.21 crore in Rajasthan but the growth rate has declined by 6.97% and was 21.44 %
4. Population density in Rajasthan has increased from 165 persons per square kilometer in 2001 to 201 persons per square kilometer in 2011.
5. The male to female sex ratio has taken a hit as according to 2011 census there are 921 females per 1000 males where as it was 926 females per 1000 males in 2001.
6. The situation deteriorates further if we look at male to female ratio for children till 6 years of age. New ratio stands at 883 girls per 1000 boys as compared to 909 girls per 1000 boys in 2001.
7. The literacy rate in Rajasthan has increased by 6.7 % and now stands at 67.1 as compared to 60.4 in 2001.
8. The literacy rate in males in Rajasthan is 80.5 % while that in females is 52.7 %.
9. Though Rajasthan registered a growth of 9% in female literacy rate, it is way behind other states including Bihar which has female literacy rate of 53.33 %.
10. Rajasthan’s total population now is more than entire population of France.
11. Total 6 % of country’s population resides in Rajasthan.