General knowledge for Exams
2. Which among the following is the largest nuclear power station of India by capacity?
(A)Tarapur Atomic Power Station, Maharastra
(B)Rajasthan Atomic Power Station, Rawatbhata
(C)Kaiga Atomic Power Station, Karnataka
(D)Madras Atomic Power Station, Kalpakkam, Tamil Nadu
Ans- With a capacity of 1400 MW, today, Tarapur is the largest nuclear power station in India.
3. Presence of which among the following salts in water causes Blue Baby Syndrome?
(D)Nitrates Ans- Nitrates
4. In which among the following years, Essentials Commodities act enacted?
(D)1971 Ans- 1995
5. Where is located the Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany?
(D)Chandigarh Ans- Lucknow
6. In which of the following plants , you can find Leghemoglobin?
(D)Brinjal Ans- Soyabean
7. A near pandemic Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), which affected many parts of the world in 2002-3 was caused due to which among the following?
(D)Fungus Ans- Virus
8. Which among the following states is largest producer of Coffee in India?
(D)Kerala Ans- Karnataka
9. Which among the following states of India was carved out of United Khasi Hills and Jaintia Hills, and the Garo Hills on 21 January 1972?
(D)Nagaland Ans- Meghalaya
10. Consider the following:
Which among the above are the official languages of Union Territory of Puducherry?
(A) 1 & 2
(B) 1,2 &,3
(C) 1,2,3 & 4
(d) 1,2 & 4 Ans- 1,2,3 & 4
11. From which among the following parts of a plant Cinnamon is obtained?
(D)Bark Ans- Bark
12. The Mocha Town, which was once famous and largest exporter of Mocha Coffee is located in which among the following countries?
(D)Ethiopia Ans- Yemen
13. Which among the following Island of the Andaman Nicobar islands contains the only known examples of mud volcanoes in India, called locally as jalki
(D)Havelock Island Ans- Baratang Island
14. Interview Island is the part of which among the following in India?
(B)Andaman Nicobar Islands
(D)Puducherry Ans- Andaman Nicobar Islands
15. In which of the following states is located the Indian Astronomical Observatory?
(D)Jammu & Kashmir Ans- Jammu & Kashmir, located in Leh