Current Affairs Questions-Answers for May 2011– Descriptive Questions
2. Elucidate Reserve Bank of India’s draft guidelines on new bank licences and analyse its impact on the Indian economy.
3. The Reserve Bank of India’s working group on introduction of financial holding structure in India submitted its report on 23 May 2011. What are the characteristic features of the holding structure?
4. What impact will the oil ministry decision to shift the subsidy burden of 6000 crore to oil PSUs have on inflation and the overall market situation?
5. India’s competition regulator announced on 10 May 2011 the regulations for mergers and acquisitions. Elaborate.
6. Bring out the main features of the Annual Monetary Policy of the Reserve bank of India presented by RBI Governor D.Subbarao on 3 May 2011. Do you agree RBI’s policy can help solve the problem of food inflation? Support your answer with reasons.
7. Critically examine the implications of Dalai Lama’s retirement as the political head of Tibetan people on India-China relations. Suggest measures which India should accommodate in its foreign policy to maintain the power balance between two Asian giants in the context of Tibetan politics.
8. How the killing of Osama bin Laden would affect the bilateral relationship between USA and Pakistan? Osama was hiding in Pakistan and allegedly given refuge by the Pakistan Government. In the light of this statement, comment on the Pakistan’s role in harbouring terrorism and using it as a weapon against India.
9. Movements like Salwa Judum need to be abolished immediately. Do you agree? Support your answers with reasons.
10. Union Ministry of Environment and Forests Cleared Maheshwar Project on River Narmada. In the Context of this statement suggest measures how to strike a balance between India’s growing energy requirements and environmental concerns.
11. Write brief notes on each of the following:
a) India’s fastest supercomputer SAGA220
b) Werewolf Syndrome
c) E. Coli
d) Pig-nosed Turtles
12. Second Africa- India summit held at Addis Ababa. Assess the importance of Africa as a source of energy for India. Suggest what more steps India should take to strengthen the relations with Africa and to counter the Chinese Influence in the region.