Economy Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers June 2011, May 30- June 5
1. The Indian government on 28 May 2011 announced the setting up of a panel to examine tightening of laws to curb the growth of black money.
2. The committee to be headed by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence.
3. The committee will examine ways to strengthen laws to curb the generation of black money in the country, its illegal transfer abroad and its recovery.
4. The chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) would be the member secretary of the committee.
a. Only 3
b. 2 & 4
c. 3 & 4
d. Only 4
2. Which of the following bodies introduced grievance redress system and prepared a set of instructions for the income-tax sleuths who carry out survey operation?
a. Central Board of Direct Taxes
b. Enforcement Directorate
c. Directorate of Revenue Intelligence
d. Director-General (Currency)
3. The Indian Ministry of Finance raised objections to a department of public enterprises proposal seeking greater financial autonomy to maharatna and navratna public sector undertakings (PSU). What amount can the maharatnas invest in a single project without seeking government approval?
a. Rs 5000 crore
b. Rs 1000 crore
c. Rs 2500 crore
d. Rs 3000 crore
4. According to data released by the Controller General of Accounts on 31 May 2011 the fiscal deficit went down to what percentage in 2010-11?
5. According to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) data was released on 31 May 2011 to what percentage did the country’s GDP (gross domestic product) growth slip in the fourth quarter (January-March) of 2010-11?