Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers June 2011, June 6-June 12
a) Thick hair covers the face and upper body.
b) Human beings start behaving like a wolf.
c) Loss of memory.
d) Hair loss
Answer: (a) Thick hair covers the face and upper body
2. Which one of the following planets recently discovered by the astronomers moves opposite to the spin of the star?
Answer: (b) WASP-17b
3. Prithvi-II was successfully flight tested on 9 June 2011 at the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur. Chandipur is located in which one of the following states?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) West Bengal
Answer: (a) Orissa
4. Scientists at the Euroepan Organisation for Nuclear Research on 5 June 2011 trapped and stored antihydrogen atoms for a record 16 minutes. European Organisation for Nuclear Research is located at which one of the following cities?
Answer: (a) Geneva
5. Scientists developed new test called___ for male infertility which will save time and money for couples around the world.
Answer: (a) Spermocomet
6. US researchers are using a new tool called___ for detecting illegal nuclear explosions.
a) The Earth’s Global Positioning System (GPS)
b) Water alarm device
d) Geiger counter
Answer: (a) The Earth’s Global Positioning System (GPS)